• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

An Update on the Heffron Centre

Will definitely make the effort to get down there to training when they move there.

These are becoming fairly commonplace. Less an incentive these days and more a cost of doing business.

Can see how it would be quite impressive for an interstate junior.

These are becoming fairly commonplace. Less an incentive these days and more a cost of doing business.

Agreed. Some of the facilities AFL clubs have are insane. NRL as usual lagged so it’s nice to see the bar lifted and that we are doing the lifting.

I might have my memory wrong, but didn’t we make the finals for the first time since 1989 training out of Erko in 2007, followed by a move to Refern (relative) luxury and a 4 year absence from the finals? Maybe they needed Redfern to get worn in a little. :)

Agreed. Some of the facilities AFL clubs have are insane. NRL as usual lagged so it’s nice to see the bar lifted and that we are doing the lifting.

HAWTHORN has been given the green light to commence the construction of the $100 million Kennedy Community Centre in Dingley, after signing a construction contract this week.

The Hawks bought the 28-hectare property, which was previously used as a landfill site, in Melbourne's south-east in 2016, with the plan to turn the pile of dirt into one of the premier training and administration bases in Australian sport.

Lol. You could show a little more enthusiasm brother.
This is not just about football...its about community.
It's not about keeping up with the Jones's. It's about bringing Souths back to our heartland and establishing our future.
Personally, I think this is the greatest thing to happen to South Sydney in years ❤💚

Lol. You could show a little more enthusiasm brother.
This is not just about football...its about community.
It's not about keeping up with the Jones's. It's about bringing Souths back to our heartland and establishing our future.
Personally, I think this is the greatest thing to happen to South Sydney in years ❤💚
I mean, ok. Was Redfern not heartland? I use to live across the road and there was a pretty good community vibe with the cafe and punters walking their dogs past training, etc.

I’m happy for the people of Maroubra. Looks like a good facility.

And I’m sure the players will be happy with a new office. Everyone loves a fresh new space.

But the hyperbole around these builds is very Utopia isn’t it?. A bold new era, world class facilities, elite development, a centre of excellence.

At the end of the day it’s a gym/workout area with big windows that opens onto a field yeah?

I’m not down on it at all. I just feel like this is all the same banter as when Redfern opened. And I’m sure in a decade this gym with windows will be run down and we’ll play this game again.

All good.

Latest posts

Back